Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Most Challenging Thing I have ever accomplished

In a person’s thoughts, it’s always about what you want to accomplish, how and when you’ll be able to accomplish it, in a given short span of time. When I was a high school student, thinking about what to achieve was never a big deal for me. My reason of existence then was to do my homework, pass my projects on time and other school work because it was required. But it was in the day of our graduation, that I realized, I have indeed accomplished/finished my long race, and was getting ready to run another one. Having seen my friends accept their diploma after I received mine, what I felt was more than satisfying; it was a feeling beyond compare.

It was then after my graduation that I thought about the small things I accomplished, and I consider each one of them as “the most challenging thing”. Like there was this one time, my mom was listening to one of her instrumental albums; I got stunned when I heard the Piano Concerto of Chopin. I told myself that I’ve got to learn how to play a beautiful piano piece like Chopin’s. I made a great deal of effort and it paid off when I finally learned how to play Sonatas and Prelude. Of all the skills I’ve learned, it was playing the piano I consider as my masterpiece. Because when I played for my grandmother, she cried of happiness, I didn’t know that time that it was my grandparents’ wedding song. It made me realize that accomplishments are not only the things that you do to make you feel successful, but it is also the things you’ve done for others and made them really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment